Grahamstown is also known as the “City of Saints” with 52 Churches of numerous denominations in the town. We already visited the Commemoration Church, the Cathedral of St Michael and St George , the Baptist Mother Church and St Bartholomew.
On the 1 May we went for a drive in the town looking for more churches. Here are some of them:
St Philip’s Anglican Church
This isiXhosa-medium church was built in 1860 for the mostly refugee population. In front of the church the burnt remains of St Phillips Hall, once a school building, can be seen.
Christ Church was built from a bequest from Rosa Wright and was opened for worship in 1867