Day 11 : Luzerne (2) : Hofkirche St. Leodegar
The next stop on our walking tour of Lucerne was the Hofkirche.
The original monastary was destroyed in a fire in 1633 and only the twin towers remained. The current church was built between 1633 and 1639. It is named after the patron saint, St Leodegar. The main enterance has a beautiful wood door with the two patron saints of Lucerne on each side.The interior is built in a rennaisance style and is mostly originals from 1630’s an 1640’s. The interior is decorated with dark wood and dark paintings with white ceilings. The windows are plain but the beautiful golden altars makes up for that.
|NAVE AND PULPIT|
|ORGAN WITH 2826 PIPES|
|DEATH OF THE VIRGIN ALTAR|
Afterwarths we went outside again. There are cloisters with pretty graves and flowers around the church.
|GRAVES OF LUZERNER PATRICIAN FAMILIES|
|MOM LOOKS SMALL OUTSIDE THE CHURCH|