Old Water Mill, Prince Albert
Our last stop in Prince Albert was the Alberts Mill.
Driving out of town it can be found on the left side of the road. This water mill was built in 1850 by HJ Botes. It is the last of 7 mills that used to operate in Prince Albert.
From 1842 grain was milled at the site but the current building is from 1850. After being operated as a flour mill for more than 100 years it was sold in 1977. The mill slowly deteriorated but in 2000 it was restored and can once again ground flour.
It was declared a National monument in 1965.
For more information visit "Prince Albert Friend"