The next stop on our visit to Lucerne was the Jesuitenkirche.
The cornerstone of this baroque church was laid in December 1666 and construction began in 1667. The church was consecrated in 1677 but the interior was not yet finished. The onion-topped towers were only completed in 1893.
|Side view of the church|
|Jesuit missionary Saint Francis Xavier|
patron of Lucerne's Jesuit Church
above front door
|Nave and high altar|
|Beautiful rose and white plaster decorations|
|Main organ, built by Swiss organ |
manufacturers Metzler in 1980-1982